Thursday, July 02, 2009

3rd OB appt.

11 weeks, 2 day

Weight: -3.5 lbs total
BP: 134/80
HR: 70's
Baby's HR: 162


I had my third OB appointment this morning. So far, I have been feeling much better. I haven't been throwing up quite so much. This week I have only felt a little bit queasy, and I have been taking my Zofran regularly. However, my weight is down a bit, so I can tell all that nausea/vomiting did a little bit on my overall weight gain.

Meghan was able to come with us to my appointment since she was in town! Yay! When we got back to the roo, the technician attempted to find the baby's heart rate with a hand held doppler. I knew that it was going to be a little challenging since I am only eleven weeks and the fundus (top of my uterus) is below the pubic bone until after 12 weeks. She had a REALLY hard time, and was even listening way up by my belly button (where the fundus is at 20 weeks). Finally, we heard a half a beat and Paul, Meghan and I all perked up our ears. The tech asked us if we heard it, and we said "for just a second." She tried and tried to find it again, but couldn't.

When the doctor came in, she exclaimed, "So, you heard the heartbeat in the 160's?!" We all looked equally puzzled and I told her, "No, we only heard like half a beat." So she got the doppler back out and found it for us. It was soooo quiet that we could barely hear, but it was there.

Dr. A was concerned about my blood pressure and asked me why it was so high. I am not quite sure why because it usually is 117/75 or so. She told me that my blood pressure will drop in the 2nd trimester and spike up in the third. So we will be keeping a close eye on it for sure.

I am supposed to have an appointment at 15 weeks where she will check the triple screen and then around 17-18 weeks for a Level II ultrasound to check anatomy. We are hoping to find out the sex, so come on baby and cooperate! :o)

1 comment:

wendimarie said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. I always have crazy low blood pressure so I am not much help there. Hopefully it will settle down. Maybe the heat?

I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. It is really exciting that we are little babies are so close in age. It is fun to have a prego buddy.

Oh and I am just making my guess now that it is a boy! Just have a feeling.