Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Solids: Rice Cereal

We fed Kaitlyn her first cereal today. I have been waiting to start her on solids based on the current recommendations by the AAP of six months exclusive breastfeeding. And, I am happy to say that we met that milestone!! Woohoo!!! (Most know this has been challenging for us).

She has been showing signs that she is ready for solids for a couple of weeks now:
*She sits upright
*Can support her head upright
*"Mouths objects"
*Watches us eat
*Mimics our eating
*Tries to eat/drink all of our food...

Some of this has been rather interesting, like say when she wants to share Uncle Jon's glass of wine.
Gimme that Uncle Jon!
Don't worry, we didn't actually let her drink any.

And she was rather determined to help Grandpa eat his birthday cake.
That is until Daddy came along and took all the frosting off her hands. She didn't like that part very much.
So tonight when I got home from work, we decided to make her some cereal. Everyone was there to see how the Doodlebug did, and I am happy to report she got about half of the cereal actually in her mouth!
Ready for Dinner!
I want the MILK!
She didn't like eating in the high chair at first, so I had to hold her....
Then Grandma was able to get her to eat some; she wanted to help.
Grandma and Katie
She got a bunch of it on her face and bib.
My turn!

Daddy started off feeding her, and then took another turn at the end. By this point she was done eating and she knows that Daddy is a sucker for her alligator tears! :o)
Our little girl is growing up!

No comments: