Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I have so very much to be grateful for, as y'all have been reading along with me. I am so thankful today for wonderful childhood memories. Every year, Jon and I would run down the back alley to Grandma's house bright and early. All of our cousins would come over, and we would spend all day playing, stuffing ourselves and trying to eat just one more dessert. I was surrounded by family, my wonderful mom and dad, my cool aunts and uncles and the world's best grandparents.
Grandma always made such a wonderful Thanksgiving spread, and she still does! I wish that I were there to spend the day with everyone. To gather around the table with my 14 cousins, and their 20 children. I miss being able to see my whole family at one time; we are a big bunch. Now that we are older and have families and in-laws of our own, we aren't always together at the same time, but we always have that sense of family togetherness.
So today, I am so very thankful for the good roots that my mom and dad gave me and for the experiences, such as this one, that molded me into the woman I am today. And a special Thanksgiving to all the Murray clan. I wish we were there with you today. Love y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment