Thursday, September 27, 2012

Closing Shop

I think I am about done pumping. I know, I know. The going-ons of my milk production and supply are of the utmost importance, lol, but it is a big milestone for me.

I had to look back and see when I got to this point last time because I couldn't remember how far along I made it. Turns out it was almost the same length of time. I pumped at work for 9 months and 26 days with Katie. The last time I pumped was on September 16th, making it 9 months and 19 days with Nathan.

This time is a bit different since Nathan nurses at home, and I am not exclusively pumping. I started pumping only at work over a month ago because Nathan was nursing so much when I was home. Today alone I nursed Nathan 4 times and worked over 12 hours.

I have an over abundance of frozen milk; last time I checked, I had enough milk for Nathan for 7 months at the amount he was drinking then. I feel like it is not as crucial that I pump frozen milk for him now as it was earlier. And for awhile, I was afraid my regular supply would drop if I didn't pump at work, but I have been doing okay the last week or so.
While I am pretty sure the last time was the last time, I am hesitant to close up shop. I know Nathan is growing up right before my eyes and while we have many more months of breastfeeding ahead, I know it will be over before I know it. I know how fast my Boo Bear grew up, and I don't want to blink. I am enjoying nursing my little boy for as long as I can!

No comments: